Ti-Tree BioEnergy Facility
The Ti-Tree BioEnergy Facility is a joint venture developed by J.J. Richards and Veolia Environmental Services. The facility is situated on a former open cut coalmine near Ipswich in South East Queensland. It uses specially designed landfill cells to rapidly decompose the waste and generate biogas (BioEnergy).
The benefits of BioEnergy include:
- Controlled production of capture of gas generated by waste
- Rapid degradation of the organic fraction of waste, limiting potential environmental harm
- Generation of electricity from renewable sources (green energy)
- Rehabilitation of existing open cut mine sites
- Efficient, responsible management of waste
- Potential to generate green power for more than 10,000 households
For further information, please visit the Ti-Tree BioEnergy Facility Website.